A college student and her stepfather were gunned down after a fender bender evolved into a murderous road rage incident. Although the car crash was minor, tensions escalated after a young man rear-ended the college student’s stepfather as he was pulling into her driveway. Now, 21-year-old Laura Ashley Anderson and her 45-year-old stepfather Charles Nicholas Wall are dead, and another victim has been injured after the prime suspects, Ty Sheem Ha Sheem Walters III, was thought to have flown into a murderous rage and opened fire upon the intended victims.

South Carolina cops claim that Walters rear-ended Wall as he was pulling into his stepdaughter’s driveway. Because the situation quickly got out of hand and shouting started, Walters lost control and flew into a fit of murderous rage. He removed his firearm from his vehicle and allegedly used it to end two lives.

The wife and mother of the victims, Kimberly Wall, wrote her true feelings on Facebook when she shared: “I’m devastated. Heartbroken. Confused. Angry. I don’t understand. Who shoots innocent people?”

Family members reveal that Anderson had bought a small home close to the intersection of Indian Hut Road and Highmarket Street in Georgetown, South Carolina. She was looking forward to starting her new life as an independent woman. But that was all taken away from her when road rage got out of hand.

“She wanted to be a teacher like her momma. She was getting ready to start school. She was getting everything in order. Everything was starting to fall in place for her,” family friend Lynn Lambert told WPDE-TV.

Lambert knew the details about Anderson’s new home. She had just moved in and was selling her childhood belongings on the internet to make a little cash. However, Anderson had forgotten the keys to her new home. That’s why Wall agreed to drop them off for his stepdaughter on Monday evening.

While Lambert pulled into his stepdaughter’s driveway, he was rear-ended. Anderson was standing in the yard and saw the entire incident unfold.

Police claim that Walters used his gun instead of following the standard procedure of exchanging contact and insurance information to deal with the minor traffic accident.

The arrest warrant states the Lambert was shot twice, once in the head and once in the torso. He hit Anderson once in the head. Another person, Paul McConnell, was also struck by a bullet. He is expected to survive, and it is not immediately clear if he was connected to the incident. It might have been a stray bullet of sorts.

However, Georgetown is in mourning over the incident. But no one is a bereaved as Kimberly Wall – the wife and mother of the victims.

“I’m having to bury one of my children and my husband. It’s such a freak thing. I don’t know why this would happen. I just don’t understand,” Kimberly Wall told WBMF-TV. “It’s just devastating. I don’t know how we’re going to go forward.”

She added via video link to the judge at the hearing, “He has taken two of my best friends, three miles from my house.”

Walters showed no emotion while in court.